Letter from Nepal

I’ve lived in Nepal for more than two years now, and there hasn’t been a day when I haven’t thought of earthquakes. I knew I was moving to an earthquake zone that geologists warned was overdue for a massive quake, and I have a tendency to over-prepare, probably acquired in

Read More!

De New York à Lagos

How did you come to be at the Lycée Français de New York? My family moved to New York from the Central African Republic in 1996. My mother was working for the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) at the time, and we had been forced out of Bangui, the capital,

Read More!

Getting Proximate

This day, focusing one aspect of the 2030 UN Development Goal to leave no one behind, can seem daunting. According to the UN, one billion people live in extreme poverty. 800 million suffer from hunger, malnutrition and do not have access to safe drinking water. Lycée students joined representatives from

Read More!

LFNY Voices Share Our Journeys

On Saturday, November 12, we had the great pleasure of welcoming our entire community for the opening of our York Wing in a celebration of this beautiful new space and the many opportunities for learning and creating it is making possible for students. You perhaps were there, and had the opportunity

Read More!

LFNY hosts 2016 Veterans Day Ceremony

On November 14, the Lycée Français de New York hosted a ceremony honoring 15 American veterans of World War 2 who were promoted to the French Legion of Honor for their service to France. The award has a prestigious history since its creation by Napoleon Bonaparte. Among its distinguished recipients

Read More!